Key Harrington Barnes PC offers business owners, executives, and other moderate to high net worth individuals assistance with their estate planning, gift planning, business succession planning and asset protection planning. After listening to the client to ascertain the client's objectives, we suggest planning strategies that best help clients achieve their goals, considering the risks, the costs, the client's tolerance for "hassle factors" and each client's unique circumstances. In all aspects of our estate planning and probate practice, we strive to provide clients with the highest level of service, expertise and work product at a very reasonable cost.
Clients often seek our assistance in developing planning strategies to accomplish the following goals:
- The succession of a family business
- The efficient and cost-effective administration of the estate
- Transitioning assets to family members or other loved ones
- Protecting assets from potential creditors or divorcing spouses
- Providing for management of wealth for family members where assistance with management is needed (such as for minor children or a family member suffering from a disability)
- Minimization of death taxes (estate, inheritance and generation-skipping taxes)
- Having a plan for payment of death taxes
- Implementing a current charitable gift or devising a plan to leave a lasting legacy for charity at death
- Planning for the potential incapacity of the client and/or the client's family members
Whether you are new to the planning process and starting from scratch or already have planning in place and only need assistance with updating or fine-tuning your existing plan, we will work diligently to help you preserve your assets for your intended heirs and to implement a careful, customized plan to provide for them after your death in a manner that is consistent with your particular objectives and family circumstances.